Arts and Entertainment Technology (AET) is an interdisciplinary major that merges creativity and innovation with the technologies revolutionizing the arts and entertainment industries. Develop an understanding of the role and impact of technology and new digital media on culture while gaining foundational skills in programming and creative production software. A senior capstone experience or thesis project allows you to showcase marketable skills through your project portfolio.
AET offers coursework across three emphasis areas: Music and Sound, Game and Mobile Media Applications (GAMMA) and New Performance Technologies.
- Foundations in Creative Coding
- Foundations of Digital Imaging and Visualization
- 2-D and 3-D Digital Production Art
- Principles of Interaction Design
- Creating Music and Sound for Film, Video and Games
- The Entrepreneurial Artist
- Fine Arts Career Services offers access to career coaching, workshops and internship opportunities
- The Foundry, a makerspace open to all UT students, provides resources for 3D modeling and printing, an audio/video production and editing studio, and a multi-faceted studio to experiment with technology-enhanced wearables and clothing