Apple Macbook Pro
- 15-inch: 2.5GHz (Retina Display) Intel Core i7
- 2.4GHz/2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- Turbo Boost
- 16GB 1600MHz memory
- Intel Iris pro Graphics
- 128GB or 256GB Solid State Drive (default 5400RPM Drive NOT RECOMMENDED)
- Multi-Touch trackpad
- Adobe Creative Cloud License ($20/month through Campus Store)
- Logic Pro X ($195 Mac App Store)
Additional Course Specific Requirements
- For AET 305: M-Audio Oxygen 25 ($199) – or equivalent
- For AET 306: Wacom Intuos Touch Small Tablet ($99.50) – or equivalent
- AET does not support or include Windows or Android based products in any of the courses.
- Macbook Air models are not appropriately configured for the tasks.
- Tablets do not support the teaching resources and are not acceptable.
It is recommended that the user enable Filevault 2 encryption after purchasing the laptop. The Solid State Drive’s speed is barely affected by encryption.
To connect to projectors or other displays the Campus Computer Store will have adapters available or can order them upon request.
Once new students have been issued their official UT Austin student identification cards they are eligible to purchase computers on educational discount. Students with paid tuition and fee bills receipts for the Fall semester are eligible to purchase software.